Monday, July 2, 2012

On this day....

6 years ago, Tony proposed!  It was so exciting, and I was the happiest girl in the world.  Now the day before I was not so happy....we went camping and on the way there Tony decided to tell me that 2006 was not going to be our year, he just could not afford a ring.  So I was pretty devastated.  Then while we were camping he kept asking if I wanted to go on a hike, I kept saying no thank you.  Finally we went on a hike, we were looking at the view  and he bent down to get in the backpack and I asked him for some water and when he didn't hand it to me, I turned to see what in the world he was doing and there he was kneeling on one knee with the ring I had really wanted, that he said he didn't get (in the words of Quincy, "stinker pot"!), and he sweetly asked me to marry him!  Unfortunately I didn't have a camera, I think it had just broken a few weeks before, anyway so these pictures were taken the next day, courtesy of Natalie Scothern, who also by the way was the first one to notice the shiny new thing on my finger! So thanks Nat, I am so happy to have these!!!

 A closer look!!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I still remember that!! Glad we grabbed the camera and got some pictures for you guys!!:)

Lindsay said...

Aww that's so cool to have those!! You guys are so cute ;) I'm so glad we ran into you guys at the parade! Your girls are adorable!