Friday, April 2, 2010

Looong Week!

Poor little Quincy woke up sick in the night Sunday morning and I have been busy cleaning up messes all week. On Tuesday afternoon, she quit drinking and eating. I tried to get her to drink anything that I could but she wouldn't, so when she was still sick Wednesday morning I took her to the doctor. He said she was too dehydrated and we had to take her to the hospital to get an IV. They poked her like 5 times and it was so sad. I was bawling before her I felt so bad for her. Here she is all exhausted, she finally fell asleep. She had to go home with it still in so if she needed it again they wouldn't have to go through all that again. Poor thing looked like she had a broken arm.

They gave her a coloring book and a big box of crayons, she colored for a minute when we got home cause she felt a little better, but then she decided taking the crayons out and putting them back in was more fun.

Yesterday I took her back to the doctor and they took the IV out, when we got home I took the wrap off and this is what it looks like, I feel so bad for her, cause she doesn't understand.

Have a Happy Easter Everybody!!

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Poor baby girl Quincy! I hope she is feeling better!! It's so sad to see them so sick :( And poor Tony I got freaking goose bumps reading that! That is terrible Hope he is doing ok!

Leandra said...

Oh my goodness! You have all had quite the weekend!!! Poor Quincy girl, I understand! Its hard to see our babies go through it all, because as Mom's we want them not to hurt! As for Tony, man I can't even imagine what he went through as well! I am so sorry that he had to experience that. Sad for that family too... May he be at peace...

Natalie said...

Oh my heck I had no idea she was so sick...if there is anything you guys need let us know. I hope she bounces back quick

Shari said...

That sounds like a very long week! Poor Quincy girl, she went through so much... Glad that she's doing better. :) And how crazy is that about that girl Tony found? That sounds like a horrible time, I hope nothing like that ever happens near you guys again!

Mitch and Holly said...

Sorry to hear about Quincy. I hope she is better. I know what you mean about watching your child go through these things, we've had a week of it oursevles and it is definitely harder on the parents than the kids. Hope she is better.

mbreck said...

Oh that breaks my heart to see those pictures. The poor thing.