Friday, March 19, 2010

Quincy Updates!

A Valentine Princess! Quincy is really into jewelry it is so funny. She is talking constantly and is just busy all the time! She stayed in Nursery all by herself last Sunday I was so proud of her! We are almost done with the teething saga. She has a really hard time with her teeth and we only have a couple left to go, and we are done with day time bottles!!! yay, only might now and I don't think that will last much longer! I can't believe how fast she is growing, she loves babies, stuffed animals and dogs. Not ours, Dixie keeps trampling her so she is not a fan, but she loves our friends dog, it's a little Maltese and Quincy can't get enough of him!

One day she was following me around and I went upstairs to put her laundry away and I thought she would follow me. When she didn't I went looking for her and this is what I found!
She doesn't do this anymore though, we found a form of discipline that is mean but funny. My parents had this wood mask hanging in our basement my whole life and I always was a little afraid of it cause it is so ugly. Well a little while ago my mom had it in a box for us kids to go through and I showed it to Quincy and she was scared of it. Well Sunday we decided to take it home and put it in all the places she gets into that she is not supposed to. It worked! she keeps forgetting where it's at, cause we keep moving it so it is funny when she remembers. She doesn't cry so it's not that mean she just screams and runs! She will still throw things away but she won't look in there or dig in the trash!

4 comments:

Lois Lane said...

That's a pretty smart discipline tactic!

mbreck said...

That is the best! I need a scarey mask.

Leandra said...

That is too funny! Wow she is getting to be so big! How time goes...

Shari said...

Ryder is just getting to the point where he is noticing the garbage, and trying to get into it when he can...Fun stuff! I'm glad that mask works, sounds like a good idea to me. :)