Friday, April 10, 2009

Big Surprise!!!

Just over 5 years ago Tony worked at a cabinet shop and was making a cedar chest for his sister in law, for Christmas, when he cut his fingers with a table saw. Well I have mentioned to him that it would be a neat thing to have if he could finish it someday. Well, last week I told Tony not to worry about getting me anything for my birthday that we should just save our money. Of course, being the sweet husband that he is, he decided he would surprise me with.........

.....the cedar chest!!! He went and finished it!!! It is so beautiful and I absolutely love it! He doesn't ever have to give me anything again! He actually put it in the front room the night before and I didn't even notice it till he pointed it out in the morning. I was just not paying that close attention I guess. Thank you Tony for the best birthday!!



3 comments:

Lindsay said...

That is SO pretty!! Great job Tony! He did so good :) I'm so sad I missed your birthday, what day was it? Well happy late birthday I'm so glad it was a good one!!!! Oh yes and we need to get together soon and let the girls play they will be so fun together!!!!

mbreck said...

Any chance he wants to lose more fingers and make me one?

Billie said...

What a neat gift! and that Tony made it for you is even more special.